Wednesday, March 7, 2018

Lent - Mar 8 - 1 Peter 2:24

M a r i l y n   P e t e r s o n

1 Peter 2:24

He himself bore our sins

in his body on the tree,

that we might die to sin

and live to righteousness.

By his wounds you have

been healed.

 

I can’t help but think how much pain Christ endured on the cross.  I have often wondered if he was afraid; however I think probably not because Jesus he knew his father was going to scoop him up in his loving arms cleanse his wounds and things would be OK.  Jesus didn’t answer back to those that were jeering at him despite the obvious pain he felt. He endured the pain so that we would be forgiven and free from our sin.

 

I wouldn’t have been that brave, even though I love my Lord and Savior. I know when I was a little girl, if I fell and hurt myself, my father would run to pick me up in his arms and cleanse my wounds, take away the pain and everything would be OK. Jesus knew his father was waiting for him and there was trust and love beyond measure.  Likewise, my brothers and sisters, if we put our trust in our Heavenly Father, even if we fall, he will scoop us up in his arms, he will cleanse our wounds, and forgive our sins. Remember, He bore the pain on the cross because he loves us. Even though we sin. he will pick us up in his arms and cleanse our sins, because he has already paid the price.

 

Marilyn Peterson

*Max Lucado The Devotional Bible

 

No comments:

Post a Comment