Sunday, March 18, 2018

Lent - Mar 19 - Philippians 2:8

R e b e k a h   K e l l e h e r

Philippians 2:8

And [Jesus] being

found in human form,

he humbled himself by

becoming obedient to

the point of death,

even death on a cross.

 

In this passage, Paul graphically portrays Christ’s incarnation and crucifixion in order to model  for believers the divine mindset which should guide our earthly relationships. Out of selfless love for us, Jesus took up the likeness of a man, in the form of a servant. One would think that the Lord Jesus should rightly have appeared as a prince in all his splendor. Quite the contrary, his whole life was one of poverty, obscurity, and humble servitude, and his ultimate humiliation was his selfless, obedient death on the cross.

 

To think that the Almighty Creator would so humbly and willingly give up his rights to serve us is almost unthinkable. But, Jesus did exactly that. We can never repay the debt we rightfully owe, but we can honor Christ’s sacrifice by committing ourselves to following his example in our lives and relationships by humbling ourselves in service to others

 

This Lenten season, I accept the challenge to be more intentional in my service to others. I ask for your prayers that my actions, big and small, will make it clear to each person in my sphere of influence that I desire to serve their needs above my own. I also urge you to take up this same challenge in your own lives and relationships. Together, let us pray that we may humbly seek to follow Christ’s example.

 

Jesus loves you and so do I,

Rebekah Kelleher

 

No comments:

Post a Comment