Thursday, March 22, 2018

Lent - Mar 23 - Colossians 1:20

K u r t   B e a m e s d e r f e r

Colossians 1:20     

And through him to reconcile

to himself all things, whether

on earth or in heaven, making

peace by the blood of his cross.

 

I look at this verse as a love story. In the beginning all things were good, GOD created the heavens and earth just as He wanted them. Through sin and the breaking of GODS laws we became disconnected from him and him from us. We by ourselves could not right the wrongs we committed and we were going to commit. So GOD sent us a savior, his own Son to pay off our debt. This was done to make things right both here on earth and in heaven for the ones who came before Christ. This was done with the ultimate sacrifice, Jesus dying on a cross for our sins.

 

Forgiveness for me is very hard to do yet I am called upon to do so, so I have to work really hard at it. I remember a few years back my wife and I were going away for the weekend and gave our son some rules to abide by while we were away. One of these rules was to not drive the ranger (ATV). A few days after our return home I had to go out to the garage to get a tool and noticed that the front end and windshield of the ranger were heavily damaged. As you can guess my son had disobeyed me and took it out for a spin in the pouring rain, with visibility at a minimum he ran into a sewer culvert. To say I was disappointed and hurt that he didn’t listen to us and then wouldn’t tell us would be an understatement. It took a few weeks but I did get over the incident and had the ranger repaired. If GOD could love me so much that Jesus had to die on a cross for my sins a broken ATV is no big deal. What a love he must have for me.

 

Footnote, my son did listen to the rules a lot better after this. Not because of a punishment but because he could see how disappointed we were. I guess GOD felt a similar disappointment with us. So he fixed it.

 

A guy who loves his son and is loved by his father

Kurt Beamesderfer

 

No comments:

Post a Comment