Tuesday, March 17, 2015

I'll Stay Where You've Put Me

For Such a Time as This!

Last follow up on Sunday’s Sermon.

 

The question is, “If you were created for such a time as this, HOW do you respond when it seems like the whole world is out-of-control and you’re just one little person?”

 

Mary Louise found this poem in her daily devotional, Streams in the Desert. Read it, and then I’ll answer the question.

 

I'll stay where You've put me;
I will, dear Lord, Though I wanted so badly to go;
I was eager to march with the 'rank and file,'
Yes, I wanted to lead them, You know.
I planned to keep step to the music loud,
To cheer when the banner unfurled,
To stand in the midst of the fight straight and proud,
But I'll stay where You've put me.
I'll stay where You've put me; I'll work, dear Lord,
Though the field be narrow and small,
And the ground be fallow, and the stones lie thick,
And there seems to be no life at all.
The field is Thine own, only give me the seed,
I'll sow it with never a fear;
I'll till the dry soil while I wait for the rain,
And rejoice when the green blades appear;
I'll work where You've put me.
I'll stay where You've put me; I will, dear Lord;
I'll bear the day's burden and heat,
Always trusting Thee fully; when even has come
I'll lay heavy sheaves at Thy feet.
And then, when my earth work is ended and done,
In the light of eternity's glow,
Life's record all closed, I surely shall find
It was better to stay than to go;
I'll stay where You've put me.

 

How do you respond when it seems like the whole world is out-of-control and you’re just one little person? YOU PLAY YOUR PART WELL.

 

·         Husbands, love your wife. (It blesses her and witnesses to you children.)

·         Mothers, raise your children. (There’s nothing more important than equipping the next generation … especially in terms of faith!)

·         And vice-versa: Wives, love your husband; and fathers, witness to your kids with your integrity.

·         Show love.

·         Forgive.

·         Keep learning and growing in faith. (More and more is being required to stand with conviction.)

·         Model constant integrity.

·         Work hard. (Stealing from the boss is a lousy witness.)

·         Exhibit love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. (And since you can’t produce these fruits on your own steam, connect more fully to the Holy Spirit.)

·         Play your part in this earthly drama well! (“Lord, I’ll stay where You’ve put me.”)

 

In Christ’s Love,

a guy who is thankful to

stay where He’s put me!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment