Saturday, October 9, 2010

October 9 - Psalm 136:3-4

Give thanks to the Lord ...
who only does great wonders,
for his mercy endures forever.
Psalm 136:3-4
 
In my life I do a lot of things. I watch football. I draw cartoons. I make Chex party mix. And lately I've been exercising each day. Yes, I do a lot of things, but it would be wrong and ridiculous to say that "I only do _____."
 
But I love the awesome reflection of Psalm 136: "the Lord ... only does ... great wonders!"
 
Now, this might more accurately be translated, "only the Lord is able to do great wonders," but I think this translation gets is marvelously true too!
 
Therefore, today, pause for a moment and worship the Lord who only, totally, and eternally works wonders!
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy who liked Wonder Woman as a kid
but as an adult is in awe of a God who works wonders!

No comments:

Post a Comment