Wednesday, October 6, 2010

October 6 - Matthew 9:28

"Do you believe that I am able to do this?" 
[The two blind men] said to him, "Yes, Lord."
Matthew 9:28
 
God is awesome, powerful ... and good. Let that last word sink in for a minute. God is good.
 
Therefore -- as Psalm 66 puts it -- "2 Sing about the glory of his name! ... 3 Say to God, "How awesome are your deeds!" ... 9 Our lives are in [your] hands, and [you] keep our feet from stumbling. 5 Come and see what our God has done! 16 Come and listen ... and I will tell you what he did for me."
 
Yes, God is mighty and able and willing to act. But one thing limits him ...
 
Wait!!! God is NOT limited. And yet sometimes he limits himself. Sometimes he waits for us.
 
Oft times we are broken, slow, cynical, and ungrateful. Therefore, our Lord sometimes waits for us to say, "Yes, Lord." 
 
Now other times our Lord simply overwhelms us in the midst of our valleys! He can do that too! But for his believers, he sometimes wants for us to learn to trust ... to learn to ask ... to learn to watch for his provision instead of our own ability ... so sometimes he waits until we who are blind submit to his power and say, "I believe you are able."
 
And in this respect, it's our faith that opens the door. It's our faith that allows us to receive the Malachi 3:10 promise: "I will open the windows of heaven for you. I will pour out a blessing so great you won't have enough room to take it in! Try it! Let me prove it to you!"
 
Try reading the context to that verse. Indeed, try, in new ways, to trust in his power and provision. 
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy who needs new glasses
(somedays I see, but it's blurry.
I want to see more power and might!)

No comments:

Post a Comment