Tuesday, October 19, 2010

October 19 - Matthew 10:29

Are not two sparrows sold for a penny?
Yet not one of them will fall to the ground
outside your Father's care.
Matthew 10:29
 
I was teaching a group just the other day, and I pointed to one of the members. "Does anyone know what she's thinking right now?"
 
"Of course not!"
 
"Sometimes," I said, "we seem to assume things about other people. We like to think we know what other people are thinking and why they are acting like they are acting. But we don't! Don't we need to quit assuming? Because no one knows what that person is thinking better than themselves, right?"
 
"Right!"
 
"Wrong!"
 
I laid a trap for them. It is correct that we need to quit assuming. But we also need to quit assuming the we know our own selves better than God knows us!
 
To make the point, I said, "How many of you know how many hairs you have on your head? God does. He knows you better than you know yourself. He knows your hopes and dreams and motives long before you do. Have you ever scratched your head and said, 'Why'd I do that?' He knows. He knows. He knows the sparrows falling (Mt 10:29). He knows the hairs on your head (Mt 10:30). He knows."
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy that God knows less well today
than he did 20 years ago
(nowadays I have fewer hairs to know)

No comments:

Post a Comment