Friday, October 22, 2010

October 22 - Matthew 16:18

you are Peter,
and on this rock
I will build my church,
and the gates of death
will not overcome it
Matthew 16:18
 
Occasionally, God renames his servants.
 
Abram was renamed Abraham, which means "father of many nations."
 
After he wrestled he with God, Jacob was renamed Israel, which mean "the one who strives with God." 
 
And Cephas was renamed Peter, which means "the rock" and, said Jesus, "on this rock I will build my church."
 
Now, what if I put MY NAME into this sentence? "Ed, from now one, you are to be called, Peter, and on this rock I will build my church." Please understand, I'm not equating myself with the great apostle! Nevertheless, don't you think that God wants my faith to be solid enough to build a church upon?
 
Well, what if we put YOUR NAME into this sentence? "_____, from now one, you are to be called, Peter, and on this rock I will build my church."
 
Most of us are content to let the church to be built on pastors and apostles, but really it is built on you.
 
Every person in the church can and should be one of the foundation stones. What are you doing to build your faith and build Christ's church on earth?
 
In Christ's Love,
a guy who finally has an excuse
to have rocks in his head

No comments:

Post a Comment