Tuesday, August 18, 2015

Aug 19 - Psalm 84:9a

O God, look with favor

upon the king, our shield!
Psalm 84:9a


For my first several elections as a young man, I never voted for a winning president. Over those years, I voted both Republican and Democrat ... but always for the losers. 


I comforted myself in this thought: I'm a contrarian. I'm not comfortable in a fallen world. If culture is proudly endorsing something, what's wrong with it?!


But here was the bad fruit of always voting for the loser: The winner was never my chosen. Therefore, it's hard to pray for success for a leader that you basically reject. 


How about you? 

 

Like a leader or not, today's verse reminds us to pray for them. 


And the greatest prayer for any leader in every generation is that they might humble their heart and choose a godly path.


Read the books of 1 and 2 Kings. The tide of the whole nation was shaped by the king -- what he did and didn't do ... and most of all, his faithfulness to God ... or not. 


Are you praying FOR your president and other leaders?


In Christ's Love,

a guy who prays,

"O Lord, bless President Obama,

Governor McCrory, our congressmen,

and our mayors and town councils.

May they each humble their hearts

and turn to your ways,

turning our country along with them"

No comments:

Post a Comment