Friday, February 8, 2013

Feb 8 - Psalm 77:13

Your way, O God, is holy.
Psalm 77:13

Someone gave me directions the other day ... and I quickly found myself in a place I didn’t intend to be. What was the problem?

Actually, there were two problems with the directions …
  •      The person giving the directions wasn’t clear (they gave an inaccurate road name).
  •      But there was a second problem: The person following the directions (me) made some incorrect assumptions.

If it wasn’t for GPS on a passenger’s phone, I would have been hopelessly lost in Cleveland County.

That’s the way it is in life.
  •      We too often listen to unreliable people for direction.
  •      And/or we make some misguided assumptions and go our own way.   

Which is more true for you? Following the wrong people … or following your own self?

There is only one set of directions that lead us where we really should be going: “Your way, O God, is holy.” These simple words keep pride in check and keep us from blindly following the world too.

In Christ’s Love,
a guy who wants a GPS
(God’s Positioning System,
not a Tom Tom)

No comments:

Post a Comment