Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Feb 12 - Psalm 73:26

Though my flesh and my heart
should waste away,
God is the strength of my heart
and my portion forever.
Psalm 73:26

Do you remember how long a year seemed to take when you were young? It seemed to last forever. (Especially school years.) 

With time moving slowly -- plus the naive invincibility of youth -- the young deceive themselves. Death seems so far away.

It's not. Time moves much faster now. And my flesh already seems like it's beginning to waste away!

Let me ask you ... Is that a depressing thought? 

Then re-read this verse!

This is not a depressing Psalm. If our eyes are only on earth, then there will inevitably be great depression. But the Psalmist looks up. He's saying, "Yes, my mind and body may grow weak, but I've discovered the fountain of youth. God is my strength. He is the strength that empowers me today, and he is mine forever."

In Christ's Love,
a guy who's young 
when he's in Christ

No comments:

Post a Comment