Thursday, February 21, 2013

Feb 21 - DAY 9 - What Makes God Smile?

Day 9
What makes God Smile?

Noah consistently followed God’s will and
Enjoyed a close relationship with Him.
Genesis 6:9b NLT

I don’t know about you, but I’m overwhelmed by Noah’s faith – especially the way Rick Warren tells the story!

There’s two ways that we can read the inspiring stories of the Bible.
  •      The first is as an impossible standard that mere mortals like you or me can never aspire to. (Consequently, many people don’t even bother trying.)

  •      The second way to read stories like this is as inspiration.

Christianity is not a to-do list. God won’t love you more or less on the basis of what you do or don’t do. But when we start doing what pleases God, we’ll find that our lives are increasingly more pleasing to us as well!

I don’t know about you, but I want increasingly more joy! Therefore, when I ask, “Which of the following do you want to start working on today,” I’m not listing to-do’s; I’m celebrating six potential paths to greater joy and freedom …
  •      Noah made God first in his life. What’s keeping you from putting God absolutely first?!

  •      Noah couldn’t comprehend how or why to build a massive ship, but he trusted God completely and did it anyway. What commands, calls, or invitations are you hesitating over? Why not trust like Noah?!

  •      Noah obeyed God wholeheartedly? What’s the one sin – or bad habit – that you just can’t shake? (It may be hard to kick, but it’s ultimately keeping you from freedom, peace, and joy. Ask God for his help.)

  •      Noah used his abilities … even some he might not have known he had. What skill do you think you’re called to use or develop for the sake of God and neighbor?

Rick Warren says, “God is looking for people like Noah in the twenty-first century.” Say to him – like it does in our new Lenten song – “Here I am … All of me … Take my life … It’s all for thee!”

In Christ’s Love,
a guy who needs
a left-handed hammer
… it may be time to
build a boat!
(or at least tackle
an ark-sized calling)


No comments:

Post a Comment