Tuesday, September 23, 2014

Sept 24 - Psalm 39:4-5

Lord, remind me how brief

my time on earth will be.

Remind me that

my days are numbered,

and that my life is fleeing away.

My life is no longer than

the width of my hand.

An entire lifetime is just

a moment to you;

human existence is but a breath.

Psalm 39:4-5


What do you waste time doing?

 

Stop. 

 

This life is too brief.

 

At every moment, we ought to be asking: Is this blessing my family? Is this enriching my life? Is this drawing me closer to God?


We focus on this earth. But it is fleeting. Only faith lasts forever. Faith ... and some friends (“some” being the operative word). 


So … what are you doing to inspire eternity in others? 1 Corinthians 3 tells us that while God is responsible for “the growth” in people’s faith – “the results” that come from our sharing of faith -- Paul says that we are responsible for the planting and watering. Yes, we are responsible for the sharing and caring and witnessing and encouraging. 


Your life is short.

 

So are the lives of the people around you.

 

What do you waste your time doing? And how are you investing it in the only thing that really matters?


In Christ's Love,

a guy who was playing

Candy Crush before writing this

(15 minutes I won't get back)

No comments:

Post a Comment