Saturday, April 27, 2013

Apr 27,28 - Psalm 143:10

Teach me to do your will,
for you are my God.
Let your good spirit
lead me on a level path.
Psalm 143:10

After a heavy theological day yesterday, we’ll let your brain relax a little more today!

In Psalm 143, we see Father and Spirit. God is the ultimate teacher. How? BY the good guidance of the Holy Spirit.

I don’t know about you, but my walk is often crooked.
  •      I navigate poorly … due to false priorities.
  •      I don’t ask for direction … (because I’m a man, of course, and) because I think I know better myself.
  •      I limp in circles … because of old hurts (too many of them self-inflicted).
  •      I’m often slow … because of the unnecessary burdens I carry.
  •      I’m regularly bogged down … by the quicksand of sin, pride, depression, and guilt.

I’m a lousy traveler!

Fortunately, God offers better. Instead of a slow, lost, rambling, bogged-down path, God gives us the Holy Spirit. And the Spirit’s path, as today’s lesson says, is level.

In Christ’s Love,
A guy who – in addition to liking level paths –
likes what Jesus says about this journey too:
“My yoke is easy and my burden is light”
(Mt 11:28-30)

No comments:

Post a Comment