Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Apr 24 - Acts 4:31

When they had prayed,
the place in which they were
gathered together was shaken;
and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit
and spoke the word of God with boldness.
Acts 4:31

As we’re been saying, Jesus says in Acts 1:8 …
  •  You will receive power
  •  when the Holy Spirit has come upon you;
  •  and you will be my witnesses … to the ends of the earth."

I trust that you noticed the three key concepts that flow throughout the book of Acts: power, Spirit, and witnessing.

I’ve long known about this principles in The Acts of the Apostles, but I’d never seen them tied together so divinely until my current Bible Study asked me to read our last three days-worth of readings … and in that specific order.

Do you see power, Spirit, and witnessing in today’s verse? Absolutely!!!
  • Power: “When they had prayed, the place in which they were gathered together was shaken.” Science can’t explain it, but God transcends the explainable! Miracles obviously reflect the power of God!

  • Spirit: “and they were all filled with the Holy Spirit.” Though the Spirit comes to us from the moment we believe. When we do things like submit ourselves to God’s leading and earnestly pray, our heart is opened to greater and greater experiences of the Spirit! Scripture calls that “filling.”  

  •  Witnessing: After the Spirit, the power, and the shaking, “they … spoke the word of God with boldness.” If our hearts have been filled to overflowing with the presence of God through the Holy Spirit, we can’t hold the blessings in!


In Christ’s Love,
a guy who wants more Spirit
so he can have more power for living;
therefore, I guess I ought to start by
opening myself through more witnessing




No comments:

Post a Comment