Monday, April 22, 2013

Apr 22 - Acts 1:8

Jesus said,
“you will receive power when
the Holy Spirit has come upon you;
and you will be my witnesses
in Jerusalem, in all Judea and Samaria,
and to the ends of the earth."
Acts 1:8

I’m in a Bible Study right now on the Holy Spirit. That means you’re going to get to hear a little more about the Spirit for a few weeks … and that’s a good thing.

At the start of Francis Chan’s book, Forgotten God (i.e. the one among the Trinity that we know the least about), he says essentially, “Imagine if you’d never been to church … and had only read the Book of Acts to tell you what the church was supposed to look like. What would you expect from the Holy Spirit?”

The answer is laid out from the first few verses of Acts – “Power”!!!

Do you have power in your life? Supernatural power? Can people look at your life and say, “We can’t explain the wonderful things this person is doing, except by the power of the Spirit!!!”

I don’t know about you … but I’d like more of that power. And the good news is, it is promised to us.

Pray today: God, you have promised your Spirit to all who believe. Therefore, if I’m not experiencing supernatural amounts of love, joy, peace, and power in my life, it’s time for me to start asking, “Lord, strip away the barriers in me that keep me from experiencing more of your blessings.”

Don’t say this prayer with guilt. Don’t say it wondering if you believe enough. Just honestly pray, “Thank you for being with me. Help me yield my heart so that I might receive more.”

In Christ’s Love,
A guy who’s praying,
“More, Lord, more!”

No comments:

Post a Comment