Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Jan 25 - Exodus 33:7-19

Moses used to take the tent (of meeting)
and pitch it outside the camp ...
And everyone who sought the Lord
would go out to the tent of meeting ...
Whenever Moses went out to the tent ...
the pillar of cloud would descend
and stand at the entrance of the tent,
and the Lord would speak with Moses
... face to face ... and Moses said
"Show me your glory, I pray." 
And [God] said, "I will ..."
Exodus 33:7-19
I love two words and phrases from this passage:
  • "[God,] show me," and
  • "[They] sought the Lord."
Do you hear the hunger?! Moses and the people of Israel wanted God to "descend." They sought his presence. They wanted to see his glory.
The question is: Do you?!
Today's devotion is simple. If you want more power, glory, blessing and light: Pray for it ... Chase after it ... Get hungry and hungrier.
In Christ's Love,
a guy who might as well be from
Missouri -- "the Show Me State."
I want to be a "God, Show Me" kind of guy
  

No comments:

Post a Comment