Monday, October 24, 2011

Oct 24 - Matthew 19:20

The rich young man said,
"I have kept all these,
what do I still lack."
Matthew 19:20
Two pairs of two words and one big difference. Here are the word-pairs: "to be" vs. "because I'm."
Now, plug these words into the following sentence and see if you can figure out the difference: "I do good works ____ _____ saved."
Do you see the difference?!
The rich young ruler asked "16 What good deed must I do to have eternal life." In other words, he was a TO BE. He didn't know God. He didn't trust God. He felt like he must do something TO BE loved and saved.
Scripture is full of laws and commandments and forms of righteousness. But following God's law does not make him love us more. He loves us ... because he loves us.
I pray that you trust -- absolutely -- that you are loved, saved, chosen, blessed, and forgiven. And trusting in this grace, I pray that you become a BECAUSE I'M and serve boldly.
In Christ's Love,
a guy who wants to
honor God and live righteously
because I'm His!

No comments:

Post a Comment