Monday, October 17, 2011

Oct 17 - Mark 9:47

And if you eye causes you to stumble,
tear it out; it is better for you
to enter the kingdom of God with one eye
than to have two eyes and to be thrown into hell.
Mark 9:47
I love the simplicity of children. When Pastor Fran's son was little, he heard this verse and asked, "Why aren't there more one-eyed men in church?"
Ouch!
What part of your body causes you to sin?
  • The eye that wanders and lusts?
  • The hand that holds onto things it shouldn't?
  • The teeth that grind in anger? 
  • The nose that we use to look down on others?
  • The ears and lips that listen to and spread gossip?
  • The heart that wants what it wants? 
  • The brain that dwells on unforgiveness and worry?
I don't know about you, but I've often felt brainless when I've woken up to some sin. "How could I have been so deceived?" I cry.
When you catch yourself in sin, do you really cut it out?
In Christ's Love,
a guy who wants his knees
to cause him to stumble
(because I'm bowing in prayer)
  

No comments:

Post a Comment