Monday, February 26, 2018

Lent Feb 27 - Mark 1:15

J o h n   L e r c h

Tuesday, February 27

Mark 1:15     

And saying,

“The time is fulfilled,

and the kingdom of God

is at hand; repent and

believe in the gospel.”

 

These are the first of Jesus’s words recorded in the book of Mark. Jesus chose to say these words after John the Baptist was arrested by Herod. These words announced a significant change was about to take place in the world and Jesus was the one who would bring the change about. 

 

What struck me about this passage is that Jesus chose to announce this world wide change after a significant emotional event - the arrest of John the Baptist. I had a boss once who liked to say “to create true change, you have to have a significant emotional event”. There have been times in my life where God helped me take advantage of a difficult emotional event to begin a good change in my life. I stopped smoking cigars after being fired from a job. Lynne and I came back from a very long absence from church after her father died. When I think about these things and other similar examples  in my life I can truly see where God has taken something difficult in my life and helped me use it for good.

 

I pray that during my next difficult season, God will help me look for opportunities to create good changes in my life.

 

John Lerch

No comments:

Post a Comment