Wednesday, February 14, 2018

Lent - Feb 15 - Genesis 3:19

M o n i q u e   F a r b

Thursday, February 15

Genesis 3:19

By the sweat of your face

you shall eat bread,

till you return to the ground,

for out of it you were taken;

for you are dust, and

to dust you shall return.

 

Our current world might tell us we are victims, but what are we victims of?  We have all been tempted, hurt, rejected, guilty; but when we don’t take ownership of our “dust” and sweep it clean, or hire someone to clean for us, is it really gone?

 

Adam and Eve were tempted and ate the forbidden fruit.  They carried guilt for disobeying God, but they did not take ownership and instead passed the blame and God knew this.

 

We spend our daily lives trying to live clean, eat clean, look clean, but it is “the dust” that continues to creep back in no matter what our efforts.  It is our daily reminder, our own sins, and the choices we make.  This dust is a reminder that we belong to God and Jesus paid for our sins. So when we confess our sins and take responsibility, suddenly we feel peace because God takes responsibility for us as well, and suddenly our “dust” is okay.

 

“I made my sins known to you,

and I did not cover up my guilt.

I decided to confess them to you, O’Lord.

Then you forgave all my sins.”

 Psalm 32:5

 

As we receive ashes on Ash Wednesday, that cross of ash placed on our foreheads reminds us of  the need to cleanse and purify our lives.

 

God uses our sins to sanctify us and surround us with Godly people that we need to help grow our faith. I know my faith is growing by leaps and bounds by all the love and prayer I have received, especially during this time of trial.

 

Every morning I start my day by thanking God for another day, another breath, another day to be with my husband and to help me be a better wife, parent, friend and to make me a better person than I was the day before, and to guide be to do his good works.

 

In Peace,

A woman who wants to live clean

and free of guilt.

Monique Morris-Farb

No comments:

Post a Comment