Wednesday, July 22, 2015

July 23 - Psalm 73:28

But as for me,

it is good to be near God.
I have made the Sovereign Lord

my refuge;
I will tell of all your deeds.

Psalm 73:28

 

"It is good for me to be near," so says the Psalmist. 

 

Do you say it too?

 

God is near us. God is with us. He hunts for us, when we're lost and far away. He chases after us, even when we're rebelling. He woos us, working overtime to soften our heart. 99.9% of faith is God's initiative. As Jesus said, "No one can come to me unless the Father who sent me draws them" (Ps 6:44).

 

But notice that other fraction of a percent. It's our intentional choice. The Psalmist says, "I" -- who? -- "I" ... "I have made the Sovereign Lord my refuge." 

 

0.1% of faith is our saying, "yes." 

 

But 100% of our “life” comes once we say, "yes"!

 

Once we say, "yes," we get access to the full measure of his strength, his power, his forgiveness, and a life-transforming hope. As our refuge, God protects us through the storms. We are more than conquerers – not on our one strength, but through God's provision. 

 

·         Are you placing yourself near the Lord?

 

·         Are you making the Sovereign Lord your refuge?

 

Notice the tenses of those questions. It's an active choice, a daily choice. But it makes a 100% difference. 


In Christ's Love,

a guy who is glad

you are reading this

-- it's an active, daily choice

to draw ever nearer

our ever-present Lord

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment