Tuesday, July 21, 2015

July 22 - Psalm 73:23-24

Yet I am always with you;

you hold me by my right hand.

You guide me with your counsel,

and afterward,

you will take me into glory

Psalm 73:23-24

Who is with who in this Psalm?

One, God is always with us. Always.

But that's not the point of these verses. The Psalmist says, "I am always with you."

It's a matter of focus, of intention, of relationship. It's a choice: Will I devote myself to being with the God who is already with me? Will I look? Will I pray? Will I listen?

God is with us always. He "hold[s us] by [his] right hand." And when we seek to be with him, we tend to notice the presence of the God who otherwise seems invisible.

Listening includes being willing to be "guide[d] with [God's] counsel."

And with listening and being guided by God's counsel comes life's greatest assurance ... that, Lord, "you will take me into glory."

That's the hope. That's the light. That's the victory. That's the blessing of being always with The Lord who is always with us.

In Christ's Love,

a guy who already sees glory




No comments:

Post a Comment