Thursday, January 29, 2015

Jan 30 - Psalm 63:1

My soul thirsts for you

Psalm 63:1

Do you thirst for God?

Psalm 63 is a remarkable Psalm of praise ... and hunger ... and thirst. It's a Psalm of Wonder and Worship.

Have you ever watched a pizza commercial and felt your mouth begin to water as they pull out a hot fresh slice and the cheese strings and stretches. Ahh!

That's the hunger, I want to invite you to experience as you read some of today's Psalm. Borrow David's thirst ... and wonder ... and passion.

·       1b my whole body longs for you in this parched and weary land where there is no water.

·       God, cut out every false priority, and help me long for you.

·       2 I have seen you in your sanctuary and gazed upon your power and glory.

·       God, train me not to look with longing or fear at anything temporary; train my heart to look until I see you.

·       3 Your unfailing love is better to me than life itself; how I praise you!

·       God, make love and your delight my highest goals.

·       4 I will honor you as long as I live, lifting up my hands to you in prayer.

·       God, help me worship ... not just on Sundays, but every moment of every day.

·       6 I lie awake thinking of you, meditating on you through the night.

·       God, reorient my thoughts. Help me make you my priority and delight.

·       7 I think how much you have helped me; I sing for joy in the shadow of your protecting wings.

·       God, help my heart become thankful, seeing your gracious works and responding with praise.

·       8 I follow close behind you; your strong right hand holds me securely.

·       God, help my praise turn into obedience. It honors you.

In Christ's Love,

a guy who's praying for thirst

(the first step to being

quenched and satisfied)

No comments:

Post a Comment