Sunday, January 25, 2015

Jan 26 - Psalm 61:2

From the end of the earth

I call to you,

when my heart is faint.

Lead me to the rock

that is higher than I

Psalm 61:2

"When my heart is faint," it feels like "the end of the earth"!

When I'm at the end of my rope and when I'm out of hope, it feels like "the end of the earth."

When I'm tired. When my strength is sapped. When circumstances seem to be lined up against me. That's when it feels like "the end of the earth."

Have you ever been there?

You've heard me say before that I'm a pretty capable. In earthly terms, I can take care of myself pretty well, thank you very much. But what happens when I come to the end of my rope and something bigger than me (say cancer) hammers me? What happens when I don't have the resources within myself to swim back from the ends of the earth?

David answers: I need "the rock that is higher than I."

Do you have that rock?

Don't just call out to him when you're at the end of the earth. Call out to him daily. Trust him with the little things as well as the monumental things. Learn to know him when the breeze is gentle, because then you'll be bold when the storms are real.

In Christ's Love,

a guy who wants

to be called "Rocky"

-- not because I'm tough,

but because I'm standing

on the one who is

No comments:

Post a Comment