Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Jan 22 - Psalm 59:4

Despite my innocence,

they prepare to kill me

Psalm 59:4

“Life is not fair.”

Did your parents used to tell you that too?

Life is not fair. That's David's lament in today's Psalm. He's innocent, yet hunted. He's done nothing wrong, yet the executioner is practicing tying nooses.

Life is not fair. And that's why I hate sin. Sometimes the greedy prosper. And sometimes the innocent are pawns in a polluted game.

Life is not fair ... and some blame God.

But it's time to aim our blame at the correct target. Sin is the cause of corruption. The world tempts us. Our weak flesh keeps giving in. And meanwhile, Satan keeps pointing a boney of blame at God, while it is Satan himself who is the deceiver.

Yes ... life is not fair and many blame God ... but not David. Sure, he's tired, hunted, and alone, and yet he cries in verse 16, "But as for me, I will sing about your power. I will shout with joy each morning because of your unfailing love."

David is very clear in assigning blame for his predicament. It's the sin of individuals and the wickedness of the world.

So where is God in the midst of all of this unfairness? David cries to God in thanksgiving, "16 you have been my refuge, a place of safety in the day of distress."

In Christ's Love,

a guy who has learned

to respond like David:

"as for me, I will sing

about your power.

I will shout with joy

each morning because

of your unfailing love."

No comments:

Post a Comment