Thursday, November 13, 2014

Nov 14 - Psalm 16:2

I said to the LORD,

"You are my Master!

All the good things I have

are from you."

Psalm 16:2

Perspective.

In America, we were once taught to pull ourselves up from our own bootstraps. With that in mind, fill in this sentence: "All the good things I have come from _______."

The way the world fills in that blank is "from me, myself, and my own hard work."

Hard work matters. It's a Biblical value. But ultimately, Scripture urges us to fill in that blank in another way: "All the good things I have are [ultimately] from you."

·       God gives us life and breath.

·       He gives us each day.

·       We can't take one of these physical blessings with us into heaven.

·       Therefore, everything we have on earth is on loan from the permanent owner -- God.

·       Thus, a proper perspective on every gift, treasure, and blessing is: "All the good things I have are [ultimately] from you."

And as a result, we are called to be thankful and generous, rather than prideful and stingy.

In Christ's Love,

a guy who reads this verse again

and realizes that God is the Master,

the landowner (or heaven and earth),

and I am just a servant and a steward

tending -- well or poorly -- to his creation

No comments:

Post a Comment