Monday, November 10, 2014

Nov 11 - Psalm 13:5

But I trust in your unfailing love.

I will rejoice because you

have rescued me

Psalm 13:5

This is a "how long?" song.

David cries things like ...

·       "2 How long must I struggle ... with sorrow in my heart every day?"

·       "2 How long will my enemy have the upper hand?"

That's his present situation -- enemies, struggles, and sorrows.

And yet in today's verse, he reveals that there's more to his present situation. There's enemies, struggles, sorrows ... and hope. David hopes because David trusts. And David trusts because of God's unfailing love.

That's his present situation it’s a faith and trust that's bigger than his worldly circumstances of enemies and sorrows.

And there's one more piece. It's part of the secret to faith, trust, and prayer. David says, "I will rejoice because you have rescued me."

Look at the verb tense. Though David is [currently] beset by enemies, his faith knows a bigger truth: "you have rescued me" ... indeed, "you [O Lord] have [already] rescued me."

Knowing God and his character brings trust and hope … because in the midst of temporary worldly circumstances, David knows a bigger truth: No matter what, he is safe, secure, and protected. With God on his side, he is [already] victorious.

When you pray for victory, hope, and rescue, do you pray as if it's a present reality? That's faith. We may not immediately see the reality in the momentary, but faith points us to a bigger reality.

In Christ's Love,

a present tense victor

because I know

the present and

future tense God

No comments:

Post a Comment