Saturday, November 1, 2014

Nov 1,2 - Psalm 9:13-14

Snatch me back

from the jaws of death.

Save me, so I can

praise you publicly

at Jerusalem's gates

Psalm 9:13-14

Have you ever been in a situation so dire that you cried out desperately?

You're sick. Your mom is dying. Your child is in trouble. And you cry desperately … something like: "Snatch me back from the jaws of death."

Have you ever been in a situation like that? That's question one.

Question two is this: When crying out desperately, have you ever made a promise to God? "If you save me, I will ... a) give more ... b) go to church more ... or c) eat mor chikin (as Chic-fil-A suggests)."

That's the theme of this verse. Not eating more chicken, of course ... but what we should always do in response to any answer to prayer. "God you ... a) comforted me ... b) encouraged me ... c) 'snatch[ed] me back from the jaws of death ... therefore, I will 'praise you publicly.'"

Isn't that the prayer? Shouldn't that be the purpose of our life?

a)      'Save me!' ... so I can praise you publicly.

b)      ‘Help me!’ ... so I can praise you publicly

c)      ‘Forgive me!’ ... so I can praise you publicly.

In Christ's Love,

a guy who doesn't want to

make his proclamation conditional

-- no, "if ... then will I proclaim you."

No, I'm a guy who just wants to

proclaim Him unconditionally


No comments:

Post a Comment