Thursday, March 8, 2012

Mar 8 - Psalm 91:1-2

You who live in the shelter of the Most High,
who abide in the shadow of the Almighty,
will say to the Lord, "My refuge and my fortress;
my God, in whom I trust."
Psalm 91:1-2
Do you know the hymn that quotes Psalm 91? The next words in the hymn are ... 
And I will raise you up on eagle's wings.
While all the verses in this song are powerfully from Psalm 91, the image of eagle's wings is not. Rather, God himself used these words when reminding in Israel how he led them safely out of Egypt (see Ex 19:4). "On eagle's wings" is also the promise of how God will lift us up and carry us when we are weary (see Isa 40:31).
Combining these scriptures, references, and hymns, God promises to be ... 
  • our shelter and our strength
  • our refuge and our fortress
  • our protector and our keeper
  • the anchor that keeps us grounded
  • the force that helps us soar!
Which of those blessings do you need to today?
Do you need comfort and refuge? Pray for his wings to enfold you.
Are you ready to soar? Pray for his spirit, his wind, his strength, his inspiration!
In Christ's Love,
a flapper
(I've been flapping on my own power
but am beginning to stretch out and soar)


No comments:

Post a Comment