Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Mar 7 - Exodus 3:11-12

But Moses said to God,
"Who am I that I should go to Pharaoh,
and bring the Israelites out of Egypt?"
God said, "I will be with you."Exodus 3:11-12
These verses are not the only time in Exodus 3 that the words "am" and "I" are used in the same phrase.
  • Here, of course, Moses uses them, saying, "Who AM I?"
  • A few verses later, God uses "am" and "I" saying, "I AM who I AM."

"Who am I?" is a common human lament. We search for identity. We long for significance. We struggle with weakness. "Who am I?" "What's wrong with me?" "Do I matter?"
Meaning, significance, identity, and hope are restored in our lives when we replace our AM I's with God's I AM.
  • He defines who we are. Loved, Blessed. Forgiven. Disciples.  
  • He gives us purpose. Love others. Bless others. Forgive others. Disciple others.  
  • He gives us freedom ... when we come to the cross
  • He gives us hope ... when the empty tomb opens our hearts
  • He makes us wise ... when we rely on his truth
  • He gives us power ... when we trust in his strength
  • He makes us strong ... when we bow humbly to wash others feet
In Christ's Love,
Wait ... who am I?
I am I AM's!

No comments:

Post a Comment