Friday, March 2, 2012

Mar 2 -- 2 Corinthians 12.10


Paul wrote:
Whenever I am weak,
then I am strong.
2 Corinthians 12:10
What does Paul mean by that?
I remember talking to a parent once. I asked, "When did you feel closest to God."
The parent answered, "When my child was in the hospital."
By human reasoning, how odd. But think about it. At this moment in time, this parent was at their most vulnerable. They couldn't fix the problem in their child. In other words, they'd reached the end of themselves. They had to let go of control ... and let God be in control. That's why they were closest.
That was my story too. As a 25-year-old father, I was unemployed and then underemployed. I wasn't supporting my family. I wasn't controlling my own destiny. I'd reached the end of myself. I had to let go ... and let God.
I believe that's what Paul is saying in today's verse. Whenever I [reach the end of myself], then I [allow God to work] strong[ly]."
In Christ's Love,
a guy who needs to be
weaker and less self-sufficient

No comments:

Post a Comment