Friday, March 23, 2012

Mar 23 - Proverbs 3:7

Do not be wise in your own eyes;
fear the Lord, and turn away from evil.
Proverbs 3:7

I like puzzles. I like thinking creatively and solving them.

All of life is a puzzle. And if you’re a puzzler like me, that can be kind of fun. There’s always a new challenge to solve.

But what are we warned about in today’s verse? Not to be wise in our own eyes.

I like solving things myself. That means that the best I can do is the best I can do. And taking control myself, I too often miss out on the best God can do.

In my life, it’s not so much that I need to “turn away from evil,” as today’s verse says, rather I need to quit trusting in myself and trust in Jesus.

In Christ’s Love,
a guy who likes 1 Corinthians 1:30,
“Christ Jesus became for us wisdom from God.”

No comments:

Post a Comment