Monday, February 27, 2012

Feb 27 - Romans 8.30



And having chosen them,
he called them to come to him.
And he gave them
right standing with himself,
and he promised them his glory.
Romans 8:30
Have you chosen God?
That's usually the direction we focus in. Even when we don't mean to, we tend to think of faith as our action, our initiative, and our work.
It's not.
Turn it around: God has chosen you.
In context, it's proper to insert you name into this passage:
"[God has chosen you.] And having chosen you,
God called you to come [closer and closer] to him.
[In fact] he has given you right standing with him.
[In spite of your sins, he's forgiven you and declared you just.]
[Even better,] he has promised you his glory, [meaning,
one day you shall stand with him in heaven in light.]
Quit making faith your work. Stop. Relax. Breathe deep. And say, "Thank you God for loving me, choosing me, and setting me free."
In Christ's Love,
a guy who's practically glowing
(I'm blessed that he's chosen me
and is giving me his glory)

No comments:

Post a Comment