Wednesday, February 22, 2012

Feb 22 - Isaiah 42:1

Here is my servant, whom I uphold,
my chosen, in whom my soul delights.Isaiah 42:1
Isaiah was God's chosen. The result? God delighted in him.
God chooses you too.
The result? God has no greater purpose than to delight in you.
But it's like a dating relationship. Did you ever go on a date and delight in the other person ... and then have them refuse to return your calls for the next month? You delighted in them. They did not delight in you.
I suspect that this is how God feels very frequently. He made us. He loves us. He has no greater purpose than to delight in us. The problem is that we're too busy washing our hair, watching television, working our jobs, and carpooling our kids.
It's not just repentance that God wants ... it's relationship.
Today is Ash Wednesday. The message is: Turn to him and live.
In Christ's Love,
a guy who wants to be
a better date


No comments:

Post a Comment