Sunday, February 19, 2012

Feb 19 - Psalm 40:17

You are my help and my deliverer;
do not delay, O my God.
Psalm 40:17
How do you label God? Your guide? Your master? Your friend? Your King? In this Psalm, David calls the Lord "a help and a deliverer."
Wait. It's more personal than that. He calls him "my help and my deliverer."
The word "my" tells us something. David's stopped, looked, and listened enough for the movement of God to see his hand personally.
He also talks to God personally. If I needed assistance from the president, I'd wouldn't speak as familiarly as David is talking to God. I'd tell the president that I understood that there were lots of concerns before him; nevertheless, I'd humbly request his attending to my needs as promptly as he could.
On the other hand, if I were talking to my dad, I'd be more bold. I'd say, "Father, I need help and I need it now. 'Do not delay.'"
What if my dad was the president? What if my Father was the King. That was the relationship that David had. "Father God, I need help and I need it now. 'Do not delay.'"
In Christ's Love,
the son of a king




No comments:

Post a Comment