Tuesday, February 21, 2012

Feb 21 - Lamentations 1:18

The Lord is in the right,
for I have rebelled against his word.Lamentations 1:18
Consequences.
As a parent, I must have said a hundred times, "there's got to be a consequence for your actions."
My children learned to hate that word!
The word I would have loved to hear is what Jeremiah said to God in our lesson for today, "You're right, dad. I have rebelled against your authority."
Actually -- in one way or another -- I did hear that a lot from my boys. It sometimes took a while to get there, but to move past a transgression, they eventually had to get to a point beyond consequences. They had to get to a point of apology.
That's what God asks of us. That's what confession is: "Lord, you are right. I'm tired of rebelling." Those words humble our prideful spirit and are the beginning of forgiveness, freedom, and new life.
In Christ's Love,
a guy who's a better parent
than an obedient child




No comments:

Post a Comment