Sunday, September 19, 2010

September 19 - Proverbs 23:26

I will give You my heart and
let my eyes delight in Your ways.
Prayer based on
Proverbs 23:26
Sometimes when I come across the scripture I'll be writing on, I'll clip it from a source of prayers.
In the actual verse, we can almost hear God's call, "My child, give me your heart, and let your eyes observe my ways."
In the prayer above, "will" may be the most important word. "I WILL give you my heart." "I WILL ... let my eyes delight in your ways."
What if we turned more of God's words to us into prayers? What if every "come to me," "follow me," "obey my commands," and "believe in me" was greeted with a quick and joyful "I WILL! I WILL come, follow, obey, trust, and believe!"
As parents, we all know how frustrating it is to have a child that ignores wisdom, scoffs at rules, and goes hisown way.
Oh, how we must frustrate God!
When we pursue our own way, scripture calls us foolish sheep. ("Fools think their own way is right" -- Proverbs 12:15 and "All we like sheep have gone astray; we have all turned to our own way." -- Isaiah 53:6).
The alternative is love because as it says it 1 Corinthians 13:5, "love does not insist on it's own way." Love and respect causes us to honor, follow, and respect God our Father. And not insisting on our own way is also a positive way to love our neighbor.
In Christ's Love
a guy who knows that going my own way
is going the wrong way

No comments:

Post a Comment