Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Leviticus 23:42,43 + Remember

A second reflection for today because in my reading from Leviticus, I couldn't pass it up!

Leviticus 23:42 You shall live in booths for seven days; all that are citizens in Israel shall live in booths, 43 so that your generations may know that I made the people of Israel live in booths when I brought them out of the land of Egypt: I am the Lord your God.

Some people like to camp. Others feel like a three star hotel is as close as they ever want to get to camping. God, however, tells his people, Israel, to spend a week camping each year. Why? To help us remember. This was the Festival of Booths.

When God was leading Israel to the promised land, they lived in tents. To help you reflect on your regular, daily comforts and to help you remember how I am able to deliver you, God was saying, "Spend a week in a tent."

Lord, help me reflect on my comforts and blessings before I have to "rough it." And help me remember daily and always how you delivered me -- especially through the cross of your Son.


+

No comments:

Post a Comment