Tuesday, January 23, 2018

WOULD YOU BE WILLING ...? - Jan 24

Dear Devotional Group …

 

Lent is coming.

Would you be willing to

write one of our devotions?

 

I think we’d all benefit from

hearing one another’s stories!!

 

If you email me a “yes,”

I’ll send you a verse!

 

 

Here’s today’s devotion …

 

12 I am writing to you,

little children, because your sins

are forgiven on account of his name.
13 I am writing to you, fathers,
because you know him

who is from the beginning.
I am writing to you, young people,
because you have conquered the evil one.
14 I write to you, children,
because you know the Father.

I write to you, young people,
because you are strong
and the word of God abides in you,
and you have overcome the evil one.

21 I write to you, not because you

do not know the truth, but because

you know it, and you know that

no lie comes from the truth.

1 John 2

 

Why does John write? It’s the same reason I write a couple of hundred times a year.

 

It’s “not because you do not know the truth, but because you [DO] know it, and you know that no lie comes from the truth.”

 

I write to focus you [and me] again and again on the truth. Again and again. Day after day. Truth after truth. Focus after focus.

 

Hopefully each day has one helpful insight. But when you start adding up insights, you start to carve a canyon – deeper and deeper.

 

I’d like to give you the privilege of writing – because you learn a dozen times more writing than reading. Will you join me in this invitation?!

 

In Christ’s Love,

a writer

(I’d say I’m

a left-handed writer

but I usually type these

with both hands)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment