Saturday, January 13, 2018

Jan 13/14 - Matthew 6:19-20

 

Do not store up for yourselves

treasures on earth, where

moth and rust destroy, and

thieves break in and steal.

But store up for yourselves

treasures in heaven, where

moth and rust do not corrupt and

thieves do not break in and steal.

For where your treasure is,

there your heart will be also.

Matthew 6:19-20

 

Where is your focus?

 

On earth?

 

In heaven?

 

A friend was about to make a huge purchase. A vacation home. He put down the offer. He was going to sign the papers in the morning. That night at dinner, he kept saying, “It’s out in the middle of nowhere. What if someone breaks in and steals all my stuff? That’d make me really mad!”

 

Steam was already coming out of his ears. Indeed, he was already worrying, fretting, agonizing about something he didn’t even own yet.

 

The next morning, he canceled the deal.

 

Thirty years later, he is so thankful. If I’d purchased that vacation home, it would have taken me away from church every weekend. And I can list now all the profound things I’ve done with that money instead.

 

His faith is strong. His family is together. Church is in the center. And his treasure is not by a lake but in the hands of God.

 

In Christ’s Love,

a guy who wants to be

a German Short-hair Pointer

(I have some German roots,

I have short hair, and

I want to spend my life

pointing up to heaven

rather worrying

about earth

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment