Thursday, October 5, 2017

Oct 6 - Psalm 143:8

Let me hear of your

steadfast love in the morning,

for in you I put my trust.

 

And our most recent church council meeting, a conversation was started. I want to continue it here. 

 

Our world and our culture seem to be crumbling before our eyes. Not only is busyness swallowing our families, but we're increasingly rushing to keep up with the world's dubious priorities. We are settling for the good rather than the best. And sometimes it's not even the good that we're settling for. We're distracted. More and more and more. Nowadays, "good people" don't just sin and fall short, they are failing shockingly. 

 

So, brainstorming, I asked our faithful church council what they were seeing and what they would recommend. One quiet voice helped break through. She said, most people are not in the word. She said, I am surprised at how few people have heard (comprehended, allowed themselves to be trained in) taking a quiet time each day. She said essentially, we are adrift because we haven't learned how to connect.

 

Which leads me back to today's verse: "Let me hear of your steadfast love in the morning, for in you I put my trust." You are reading this today, perhaps in the morning. Today I am reflective, questioning, more than I am being inspirational. Today you were not hearing as much about God's steadfast love. But my question is this: how do we help more of our friends hear of God's steadfast love each day?

 

You are reading a devotional this morning. The world is not. Please pray for that next step. Because… the world needs to hear of God's steadfast love each morning, so that they can put their trust in him.


In Christ's Love,

a guy whose own

devotional passion

includes helping you

and others grow

No comments:

Post a Comment