Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Sept 5-6 - Psalm 22:1

“My God, my God,

why have you forsaken me.”

Matthew 27:46

(and Psalm 22:1)

The most painful cry in history was when the Son of God cried in anguish, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me.”


Read Psalm 22 …

·       It begins with these words, “My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?”

·       It continues with profound prophesies prefiguring the cross.

·       It’s closing begins with “I will praise you ... I will fulfill my vows ...”

What has been your greatest cry in life?

When you’re hurting, cry out like Jesus.

·       Acknowledge your pain (“My God, my God, I feel utterly forsaken.”)

·       Look for the ways God is acting. (Just as Psalm 22 is filled with God’s actions -- fulfilled prophesies – how is he acting in your circumstances?)

·       Recommit yourself in faith – don’t just say, “I will praise you ... I will fulfill my vows ...,” actually start praising and obeying.

In Christ’s Love,

a guy who needs someone

to remind him to look both ways

(because God is there … and acting)

No comments:

Post a Comment