Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Sept 17 - Psalm 95:7-8

O that today

you would listen to his voice!

Do not harden your hearts,

as at Meribah

Psalm 95:7-8

 

Meribah was one of those many stops in Israel’s wandering in the desert. There wasn’t water (of course). They complained against God (of course).

 

Israel had a history of hardening it’s heart.

 

So do I.

 

I do what I want. When I want.

 

I am rebellious. I hear what I want. I believe what I want. I harden my heart. And then I blame God when I get the results that I was practically begging for. O that today [I] would listen to his voice!

 

How about you? O that today you would listen to his voice!

 

What ditch are you in in life? Is it time to soften your heart? Listen to His voice? Go His way?

 

In Christ’s Love,

a guy who needs to quit

buying one-way tickets

to Meribah

 

No comments:

Post a Comment