Wednesday, September 2, 2015

Sept 3 - Psalm 89:12a

You created the north

and the south

Psalm 89:12a


God created the universe. 


That is big. That is awesome. 


But
that is sometimes so big and awesome that it hurts my brain.


As I kid, I sometimes could
n’t go to sleep. Why? Because my brain hurt. Someone told me that the universe went on for infinity. I couldn't conceive of that. "There has to be an end! ... Maybe a brick wall. ... But then, what's on the other side of the bricks? ... Arrgh!"


I guess that's why I like the simplicity of this line: "[
O Lord,] You created the north and the south." 


You created what's just above me and what's just below me. 


And that's awesome enough for my brain to handle. 


And that's still awesome enough to give you praise. 


In Christ's Love,

a guy who is awe at even

the little things of creation



No comments:

Post a Comment