Tuesday, January 15, 2013

Jan 15 - Isaiah 6:5

Isaiah said,
“Woe is me! I am lost,
for I am a man of unclean lips,
and I live among a people
of unclean lips.”
Isaiah 6:5

Isaiah 6 tells one of my favorite stories in scripture.

Isaiah walks into the Temple in Jerusalem and literally sees God! He falls on his knees in awe. And as swooping angels chant, “Holy, Holy, Holy,” Isaiah notices the size of God. Just the hem of the Lord’s robe fills the entire temple.

Question: When was the last time you fell on your knees in awe? If it’s been a while, you’re God may not be big enough!!!

Second question: When you did last fall in awe, what’d you say? Isaiah said, “Woe is me.” When he realized the vastness of God, he was overwhelmed by his sin.

On another day, I’ll point to scriptures of grace that wonderfully scoop our beaten-down hearts off the floor. But today, it’s time to fall in confession, to be overwhelmed by sin, to be swallowed by God’s majesty.

In Christ’s Love,
a convict

No comments:

Post a Comment