Thursday, May 5, 2016

May 6 - 47 - Romans 10:13

For, "Everyone who

calls on the name of the Lord

will be saved."

Romans 10:13

Bible Rank: 47

This verse is self-explanatory: "Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be ..." 

Wait? What is the beginning of salvation?! It's realizing that there is someone bigger than you. It's realizing that you can't do it all by yourself. And it's finally reaching up, crying out, calling on the Lord. 


That's self-explanatory. So let me tell you something different! Here's what I hear whenever I hear this verse

Let me tell you about a testimony from Jim Cymbala's "When God's People Pray." A successful man spiraled into a cycle of drugs and alcohol and growing despair, and only one person really cared, a young client who kept saying, "I know it. I can see it. You're in real trouble. So what I really want you to know is this ... 'The day you call on the name of the Lord you will be saved.'"


Any explanation of mine can't possibly do this justice. Take a listen! 
https://youtu.be/uwf24QKtnHs


In Christ's Love,

a guy who is saying, "Wow!

Thank you, God."

No comments:

Post a Comment