Saturday, May 21, 2016

May 21-22 - 58 - Hebrews 4:12

For the word of God

is alive and active.

Sharper than any

double-edged sword,

it penetrates even to

dividing soul and spirit,

joints and marrow;

it judges the thoughts and

attitudes of the heart

Hebrews 4:12

Bible Rank: 58

 

How do you view the word of God?

 

·         We can revere it, like the constitution.

·         We can say it's truth -- the foundation of what we believe in.

·         We can allow it to define limits and borders to what is right and wrong.

·         And all that is good.

 

But that's not really alive ... nor active. 

 

Indeed, the Bible is not just a book of wisdom and principles, of histories and generic prophecies. The Word of God is alive!

 

But ... what do we mean by that?

 

I joke that the reason that I keep reading scripture is that it keeps changing! 

 

Now obviously, the words on the page haven't changed in a couple thousand years. But I change daily!!! Therefore, I can read the same passage for the umpteenth time and come away with suddenly something fresh and new. 

 

And how does this happen? Through the Holy Spirit! When I open the scripture with expectation, the Spirit rushes to meet me there. Why? Because the Bible is God's gift to us. It's where and how He divined to speak to us. And when I come expecting to meet God, he will meet with me. Thus, the Word is alive and active because God is alive and active!!!

 

In Christ's Love,

a guy who is like yeast

-- alive and active

 

(and I'm alive and active

because I know the source

of life and movement)

 

No comments:

Post a Comment