Tuesday, December 23, 2014

Dec 24 - Psalm 6b

and I will dwell in the house

of the LORD for ever

Psalm 23:6b

 

Where do you live?

Specifically.

Chances are that you named a city or a street.

Well ... it's a temporary address.

Some of us, someday, will transfer our mail to another street in another town. Some if us will transfer directly from this temporary address to our truly permanent address.

On the night before his crucifixion, Jesus said, "In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you. And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also" (John 15:2-3).

I like my current home. I'm thankful for my current address. But my permanent address will be much cooler. A mansion!

That's the house I want to dwell in forever! And any of us can transfer our mail there permanently whenever we believe.

Indeed, just three verses after promising us a mansion, Jesus gives us the keys.

He says, "Here's how to get in."

He says, "6 I am the way, and the truth, and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me."

In Christ's Love,
a guy whose favorite
C.S. Lewis quote is:
"Aim at heaven and
you will get earth thrown in.
Aim at earth and
you get neither"

 

No comments:

Post a Comment