Sunday, December 14, 2014

Dec 15 - Psalm 23:4b

I will fear no evil:

for thou art with me

Psalm 23:4b

 

What do we fear? Ultimately it’s death.

 

We don’t like heights. Why? Because we might fall and die.

 

We don’t like spiders and snakes. Why? Because they might strike and we might die.

 

We fear evil for the same reason. John 10:10 reveals the goal of evil and of the evil one, saying, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy.”

 

So what is the antidote to evil? Today’s verse reveals the secret to hope and life: “I will fear no evil; for thou art with me.”

 

A growing confidence in God’s abiding presence is the antidote to evil. John 10:10 in its entirety records Jesus as saying, “The thief comes only to steal and kill and destroy. I came that they may have life, and have it abundantly.”

 

Less fear equals growing abundance. Therefore, growing faith equals great life.”

 

In Christ’s Love,

a guy who’s learned to laugh at evil.

Why? Because what’s the worst it can do …

send me to heaven one day early!

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment